Supply Chain Director--Automotive
Manage the end-to-end supply chain full functions to support the business growth
An opportunity to create the innovative SCM strategy and develop the team
About Our Client
Our client is a family owned company with almost 100 years history from Europe. They are serving the customer in both automotive and non-automotive segments. They have developed strong spectrum product range from electrical product, connection, battery management system to their automotive customers as well as other electrical industry, like home appliance and power tools.
With almost 2 decades footprint in Asia, they have comprehensive functions in China, including the R&D Center, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing, Centralized finance and HR, Global Sourcing. Due to their strong business growth and commitment in China, now they are looking for a high caliber Supply Chain Director to be based in Shanghai for both local and global sourcing.
Reporting to the Asia General Manager, the Supply Chain Director will drive operational excellence in the supply chain. The Director leads the Supply Chain group which consists of Planning, Logistics Control, Import/Export, Inventory Management, Distribution etc. In addition to the operational responsibilities, The Director will be responsible for setting a Supply Chain Strategy oriented towards efficiency and responsiveness.
- Drive operational excellence in supply chain capabilities through a 3-year strategic roadmap
- Analyze and assess industry and market dynamics on quarterly and annual basis to assess product, supply, and inventory needs to meet revenue and margin targets.
- Develop and maintain technology trends, market forces, cost trends, and supplier technology road maps
- Ensure that corporate social responsibility, sustainability, and innovation are themes in all activities
- Develop and deploy, in coordination with the manufacturing plants, an annual supply chain plan - ensure that is fully communicated, and correctly integrated, into the operational and financial performance goals of the manufacturing plants.
- Model different supply chain systems to be implemented that align to the business's market demand patterns and the operations centre's manufacturing models.
- Develop, deploy, and teach standard processes to systematically assess current operation's practices, identify the proper supply chain model required to achieve the stated business goals, and implement / monitor the impact of deployed actions.
- Assess supplier manufacturing facilities and determine if supplier is capable of meeting technical, manufacturing, and quality requirements.
- Assess and determine if supplier manufacturing facilities are capable to support program timing plans. Develop and implement countermeasures as needed.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree required in Business, Supply Chain, Management or related (Supply Chain preferred).
- Master¡'s degree and / or professional certification in Supply Chain (highly preferred).
- Minimum 10+ years¡¯ experience within a similar Director/Sr. Manager role within automotive manufacturing.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills: written, verbal and presentation.
- Extensive understanding of broad global supply chain competencies including inventory control, logistics management, distribution management, capacity planning across the value chain.
- A strong working knowledge of leading edge manufacturing and materials management processes is required as is experience with international businesses.
- Demonstrated high-level working knowledge and ability to develop presentations in MS PowerPoint, spreadsheets in MS Excel, basic forms in MS Access, and an understanding of manufacturing MRP logic.
- Strong background in Supply Chain Planning systems.
- In depth understanding of SAP or similar ERP technologies.
- Strong interpersonal, communications, and influencing skills to coach constituents within the organization.
- Proven ability to lead a team in continually developing professional roles / responsibilities and implementing effective improvements across the department and organization to maximize efficiencies.
- Proven operational experience and change management in a fast-growing business environment including a strong track record in meeting expectations and delivering on commitments.
- A willingness to engage the business at all levels, perform any and all tasks necessary to "get the job done", and ability to work effectively in a dynamic cultural environment.
What's on Offer
An opportunity to join in a very trusted company culture with strong and sustainable growth business within automotive industry. You will be working with both local and global teams in supply chain, and build up the supply chain strategy in line with the business growth in the region. You will not only work in the traditional automotive market, but also the electric vehicle segment.
The market competitive salary package and allowance will be offered to the right candidate.