- Operations Director
- (Logistics, Warehousing and Demand Planning)
About Our Client
A growing consumer driven building materials business.
Direct the warehouse and transportation operations, purchasing and inventory and supply chain operations of Biyork in North America. Manage the cost, capital, and efficiency of all operations. Optimize company profitability, return on capital, and service to customers. Lead the operations team, provide direction, structure, systems, training, and motivation.
As a member of the Executive Team, provide input and support to the CEO and other Executives and their departments. The director of operations has four direct reports, customer service manager, warehouse supervisor, demand planner and shipping coordinatorThe Supply Chain Director (Warehousing, Logistics and Demand Planning) has two direct reports, warehouse supervisor and shipping coordinator.Duties
- Identify best locations for warehouses and manage leases.
- Manage capital and equipment matters.
- Manage personnel matters of all operations departments.
- Operate warehouses safely and within budget.
- Manage all outside logistics matters including 3PL contracts and transportation.
- Manage all transportation, inbound and outbound.
- Manage customer service to provide a high level of service efficiently.
- Direct optimal routing to manage costs and provide satisfactory service.
- Direct import sourcing logistics including working with Biyork China and third parties.
- Ensure best possible customer service, on time and in full delivery.
- Manage purchasing to ensure lowest possible cost and proper inventory levels.
- Manage inventory to ensure optimal service to customers and optimal inventory investment.
- Maintain safety standards and results.
- Track and report to the CEO and Executive Team all operations KPI's, budget, and safety metrics.
- Finding new locations, managing 3PL's, customer visits, visit to international headquarters
The Successful Applicant
- Someone who has developed people and processes before in Warehousing, Logistics and Demand Planning.
- Five years minimum experience in a management or director level in an operations position
- Seven years minimum experience being the sole manager of a warehouse.
- Five years minimum experience with warehouse and truck leases.
- Experience managing Customer Service is highly desirable.
- Experience managing warehouse and driver safety.
- Experience with ERP systems, IWMS. Experience with Dancik/Kerridge a plus.
- Experience with sophisticated operations, supply chain, and S&OP techniques
- Experience with managing imports.
- Five years minimum experience managing inventory.
- International experience is desirable
What's on Offer
Strong supply chain opportunity and package for the successful candidate.