- One of the global leaders in the automotive aftermarket
- To work in a challenging and demanding environment
About Our Client
This company has been a manufacturer and re-manufacturer of starter motors and alternators that are reliable and provide optimal performance. The company also offers a broad range of steering products making them one of the global leaders in the automotive aftermarket.
The Supply Chain Director will direct the overall supply chain operations, including reverse logistics, procurement and inventory of raw materials, forecast and demand management, production planning, transportation and distribution of finished goods. He/she will also have to evaluate past performance data to forecast needs and production planning, improve productivity, quality and efficiency of operations.
The Supply Chain Director has strong knowledge of commercial and economic rules, ability to manage people and to develop established plans, determination, and attitude to work by objectives (with a strong KPI focus). He/she keeps him/herself informed about the market developments and identifies potential threats and growth opportunities.
- Manage full Supply chain process described as above.
- Is responsible of an international team of around 80 fte, divided over 4 locations within Europe.
- Pursue the transformation projects with a strong focus on productivity and improvement of the service delivery from 85 % to 92 % while maintaining an optimized stock level.
- Be a spokesperson for the business unit with colleagues, partners and/or customers
The Successful Applicant
▪ MA in business administration; further education or experience in Logistics, Distribution and Supply Chain.
▪ Minimum 10/15 years of experience as Supply Chain Manager/Director with strong operational knowledge of the automotive industry.
▪ Although ideally gaining experience within a "market leader organization", the successful candidate may well have gained skill and competence within a smaller, dynamic and more entrepreneurial organization.
▪ Proven success of building relationships with the major distributors, buying groups and manufacturers.
▪ A result driven and delivery track record combined with solid influencing skills up to Exec Team level
▪ Success of leading change initiatives and the ability to inspire, motivate and coach a variety of individuals in logistics.
▪ Is very open with management and peers and is conscious of keeping others up to date on status of work and developments with opportunities .
▪ Fluent in English, Dutch and French are real plus.
What's on Offer
In this exceptional context, the Supply Chain Director will have the opportunity to be involved and evolve within a very flexible organization.