- Supply Chain Manager
- Growing Manufacturing Business
About Our Client
International growing manufacturing business.
Our client has retained Page Executive for an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Manager to join their team in Scarborough, Ontario, Canada.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and executing strategic plans that support our goals relating to product supply, inventory management, logistic operations, and order fulfillment.
What Will You Do?* Lead Production Planning/Scheduling, Purchasing, Materials Management, and
Logistics. Applies to in house manufacturing as well as a CM model.
* Standardize processes in Order Management, Demand Planning/Management,
Procurement/Sourcing, Materials/Inventory Management, and Distribution & Logistics.
* Work closely with Sales team to maintain accurate sales forecasts, predict customer
demand (based on historical purchase patterns), as well as manage necessary
fluctuations to ensure proper stock is at warehouse(s).
* Improve Demand Planning to align financial, operational, and material plans.
* Lead Material/Inventory Management best practices including Planning, Purchasing
Methods, and Warehouse Management.
* Manage team of direct reports and be responsible for employee development,
mentoring, and performance management.
* Minimize Logistics expenses while maximizing customer fill rates.
* Maintain continuity of supply matrices.
* Develop forward looking, product cost down models.
* Responsible for maintaining scorecard of relevant suppliers (local and global) in key
categories such as quality, delivery, and cost.
* Work with other departments to minimize obsolete and or discontinued inventories.
* Perform other similar and related duties as required.
The Successful Applicant
BS degree with Supply Chain/Sourcing focus and/or professional designation in Supply Chain or Operations.
Minimum of 5 years progressive Supply Chain management experience.
Proven track record of performance in Operations, Supply Chain and Continuous Improvement. Must have experience working in Just in Time manufacturing environment.
* Positive attitude with a willingness to be a problem solver, knowledge of Supply Chain best practices, multi-step strategic sourcing processes and/or category management strategies, and use of ERP/MRP systems.
* Requires strong organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail, and ability to effectively handle multiple priorities.
* Must possess excellent project management skills, including demonstrated ability to develop and manage to a project plan, establish priorities, work to deadlines, and control a number of projects at various stages of work. Must understand the implications of product costing to ensure business goals are met.
* Must have strong analytical skills and proven ability to efficiently research and summarize information in an effective manner and make recommendations based upon analysis.
* Must be able to work independently as well as within a variety of teams. Must be highly collaborative to ensure timely completion of projects.
* Must have excellent writing skills and superb ability to create reports, correspondence, contracts, requests, and documentation.
* Strong negotiation and relationship building skills.
* Proactive individual with excellent time and project management skills.
* Excellent communication and a well-defined sense of diplomacy, including conflict resolution, and people management skills.
* Creative thinker and ability to think "outside the box"; create processes and ways of working.
* Constantly challenges self to improve; builds aligned cohesive teams that pull in the same direction to win.
* Consumer and customer focused; gives the customer a seat at the table and brings their voice into the business.
* Proven success in managing and developing a team of professionals.
What's on Offer
Excellent package for the successful Supply Chain Manager.