Supply Planning Director
Excellent career progression opportunities
Managing the end-end process
About Our Client
My client is a leading is one of the leading US Retailers who operate across a wide range of different product groups from clothing through to electricals. Operating over 1500 stores in the US, they have multiple formats to cater for their customer needs.
As the Supply Planning Director, you will be responsible for the entire planning process which includes distribution, manufacturing, and procurement operations in relation to demand forecasts, taking into account capacity constraints and material availability. Working closely with the third party manufacturing partners and the sourcing function, you will be identifying an overall strategy to meet demand whilst keeping the supply chain as lean as possible. Other areas of responsibility include:
* managing a team of professionals across the supply chain in various different locations across Asia; understanding the constraints in each location whilst also looking at the feasibility of continued expansion.
* working with the demand planning team in US to get a true picture of what is required and looking closely at the capacity of the current supplier base.
* dealing with raw material suppliers to understand the constraints throughout the year and plan out any bottlenecks in production.
* creation and evolution of supply planning systems and processes and be able to implement this across the team as well as the wider business.
* Manage and coordinate the global planning for assigned vendors / factories to ensure on-time and complete shipments.
Above all, you will be the linchpin in the organisation to tie in the commercial teams in US with the sourcing teams in Asia.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be an expert in Planning, ideally having a mixed background of both the supply and demand areas. Having worked in the retail sector before, you will have been dealing with a wide range of products across both soft and hardlines including electronics. Other attributes include:
* ideally experience in working for US companies.
* deep knowledge of and experience in product supply chain, manufacturing and planning
* excellent collaboration and relationship-building skills, including ability to influence and align cross-functional teams
* strong analytical and financial skills
* working knowledge of different supplier hubs in Asia; Vietnam, Bangladesh and Cambodia, as well as China.
You will be able to show fast progression within the organisations that you have worked as well as stability in building teams. You will be able to talk through overall strategies that you have created as well as being able to show key deliverables to your employers.
What's on Offer
To work for a great company with excellent career development opportunities. You will be dealing with some of the most senior stakeholders globally and really playing a part in critical projects throughout the year.