Talent Acquisition Director
Working for one of the worlds largest companies
Full autonomy for Talent Acqusition in Asia
About Our Client
My client is an American Retailer operating hypermarkets, discount stores and grocery stores. As one of the worlds largest organisations, they are continuing to grow due to their incredible performance as well as through acquisitions. The business unit is specifically dealing with sourcing for the organisation.
As the Talent Acquisition Director, you will be responsible for all recruitment across the Asia region dealing with a huge amount of placements each month. With a team of 7 spread across both the Shenzhen and Shanghai offices, you will be dealing primarily with recruiting in Sourcing. You will be looking at the current team and understanding what additional talent you need to get in. Other responsibilities include:
* dealing with all of the key stakeholders across the business, understanding all of their requirements and managing expectations in terms of quality and timing.
* creating an action plan of which platforms to continue to use and the commercial agreements that are currently in place and which ones need to be signed up.
* working with the head office in US understanding the best practice in the business as well as personally getting involved with the executive level recruitment.
* taking on other responsibilities in HR outside of recruitment; dealing with HR Business Partnering and expanding your role to take on added tasks.
Essentially, you will be the one responsible for large volumes of recruitment, over 300 placements a year and have to build good relationships both internally but also externally with recruitment agencies. and other partners.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Talent Acquisition Director will ideally have a rounded HR background with particular emphasis on Talent Acquisition. Having worked within a Sourcing or Procurement organisation, you will have managed teams of people and have a track record of growing and training up these teams. Other attributes include:
* experience of working autonomously; setting out the overall recruitment strategy and putting this in place over set time periods.
* excellent track record of dealing with very senior stakeholders; have an ability to challenge and influence people at very senior levels.
* have a passion for getting roles filled and imparting this on your previous teams.
* Chinese and English language skills is a must.
You will be passionate and driven and be able to lead the team by example. The opportunity for you to progress will be down to your performance and the opportunity to continue to develop is excellent.
What's on Offer
A great platform to continue to grow and develop your HR career