Tax Advisor - Private Family Office - Downtown Boston
Based in Downtown Boston, MA
High Net Worth Tax
About Our Client
My client is a prestigious multi-family office based in Downtown Boston. The firm manages the finances for a group of New England based High Net Worth families. They are around 100 strong as a firm and the tax team is around 18 people.
The client base is predominantly high net worth individuals and their families. Service lines include income and estate tax planning and compliance, sophisticated financial strategies and transaction planning.
Reporting into the Tax Director, this role is at the heart of a prestigeous welath management firm in Boston. The Tax Advisor will perform a wide range of complex duties in all areas of compliance relating to both trust and individual clients. Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Prepare complex tax returns for individual clients with high net worth
- Review tax returns prepared by colleagues to ensure quality processing
- Meet with clients and Partners to present financial and tax planning strategies
- Analyze and process quarterly estimated tax payments for assigned individual accounts
- Identify and collaborate with team members on taxable events that may have legal implications
- Work with the Tax Department Team to develop, implement and oversee department-wide initiatives.
- Work with Trustees and Tax Department Team to identify tax planning opportunities for individuals and families.
- Partner with other teams throughout the office, including General Counsel and Trust Administration, to ensure tax planning initiatives are comprehensive and compliant
- Mentor junior Tax Advisors
- Utilize a variety of software applications related to tax research, planning and preparation including: BNA and Profx
- Work with members of the Tax Team, Business Analysts and Application Developers to utilize the most effective technology and work flow processes
Apply by submitting your resume today using the link provided and it will be considered within 48 hours.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's or Associates degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience in High Net Worth Tax
- A strong work ethic, loyalty, discretion and the highest ethical standards
- Ability to work in Downtown Boston
- The candidate must be a team player, flexible in nature and must enjoy working in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Integrity, discretion, and respect for confidential information are essential.
What's on Offer
- $ 90,000 to $ 110,000
- Downtown Boston working location
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time