Tax Manager - Private Equity - Boston, MA
Based in Boston's Financial District
Reports into the Director of Tax
About Our Client
My client is a Private Equity firm based in Downtown Boston. Over the part 20 years, they have consistently achieved some of the highest private equity returns on the market. This role is at the heart of their small partnership tax department, reporting directly into the Tax Director for the firm.
Reporting directly into the Director of Tax, the Private Equity Tax Manager will be a key member of the growing Tax Team. Experience in partnership tax is required, with particular knowledge of alternative investments. The Tax Manager must be able to coordinate and manage several projects at the same time. Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Review and sign off tax workpapers and tax returns for funds, GP and Co-Invest entities
- Review and sign off state risk analysis workpaper prepared by CPA firms
- Review and sign off quarterly and annual tax estimate workpapers for funds, GP and Co-Invest entities
- Oversee and manage outsourced team on portfolio company tax compliance and monitor project tracker
- Collect and review documentation to support tax return filings
- Analyze partnership documents such as operating agreements to determine tax implications of contributions, distributions, tax allocations, etc.
- Analyze transaction documents for proper tax treatment and reporting
- Respond to investor questions on tax reporting
- Ad hoc projects as needed.
This is an urgent requirement. Apply today for immediate consideration. Interviews and on-boarding will be conducted remotely, before "normality" eventually resumes.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 to 5+ years of work experience in tax accounting, with Public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Taxation and partnership experience is highly desirable
- Knowledge of corporate, international and/or state tax desirable, but not essential
What's on Offer
- $ 110,000 to $ 120,000 base salary (depending upon relevant experience)
- Additional erformance related bonus scheme
- Downtown Boston working location (delayed, all things considered)
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time