Technical Accounting - Snr Mgr - Life Sciences - Cambridge, MA
Based in Cambridge, MA
Reporting in to the Director of SEC Reporting
About Our Client
My client was founded in the early 2000's and is now listed on the NYSE. Today, they have grown into a business of over 500 people and are based in Cambridge, MA.
Reporting directly into the Director of SEC Reporting, this role sits within the wider Financial Reporting team. Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Be a specialist in technical accounting methods and research.
- Applying the latest and appropriate accounting rules and literature
- Review, interpret and develop diverse policies to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, GAAP, Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and other regulatory requirements.
- Ensure clear and concise written documentation of accounting conclusions and accounting policies.
- Lead or assist in new accounting standard adoption and process implementation, including adoption of 842 in 2019.
- Build and strengthen working relationships and scale with the growth of business teams to ensure successful integration with various business functions.
- Assist in quarterly and annual external financial reporting, including Forms 10-Qs ,10-Ks and 8-Ks tie-out documentation
- Assist in maintaining the existing SOx compliance program.
- Ad hoc technical accounting projects
Apply today and your resume will be considered within 48 hours.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree
- CPA essential
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in public accounting, or blend of public accounting and industry/public company experience
- Pharma/ Biotech experience is ideal
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, complex accounting issues and technical accounting abilities.
What's on Offer
- Base salary between $ 160,000 and $ 190,000
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Daily on-site catered lunches
- Company-provided iPhone
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Competitive healthcare package
- Flexible Spending Account
- Excellent parental leave package
- Competitive 401K plan with 50% match on first 6% deferred.
- Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- 15 days PTO + 7 days sick
- 11 paid company holidays