Technology Transfer & Operations Manager - Boston, MA
International Private Equity backed firm
#1 hire in the USA.
About Our Client
My client is an international Private Equity firm who are setting up an operation in Boston, MA.
Technology Transfer and Operations Manager is required to help shepherd ideas conceived by scientists in academia or government research centers to commercialization stage in the private sector and also required to support the office operations of the Company. Reporting directly into the Investment Partner of the Private Equity firm overseas, main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Source and evaluate discoveries for commercial potential, patenting and licensing commercial rights, and brokering deals with potential investors;
- Utilize investment experiences in analysis and oversight investment work with sensible judgement to ensure the technology is commercially viable and sustainable for investors, consumers and any other stakeholders.
- Conduct study for joint development projects with university researchers;
- Ensure the coordination and management of the transfer projects of life sciences from universities and investor via the Company;
- Provides technical support for new more complex business opportunities with the existing/potential new investors;
- Research and support the definition of new business opportunities while meeting with the existing/potential investors;
- Generate key documentation including the Technology Transfer Checklist, Gap Analysis that includes process design, Technology Transfer Master Plan/Scope, Technology Transfer Report, Project Timeline and Action Item lists;
- Undertake any other relevant roles with regards to Technology Transfer;
- Provide support for the Company's office operations.
Submit your resume today for consideration within 24 hours!
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum B.Sc. or M.Sc. in related scientific discipline or pharmaceutical technology.
- Typically requires minimum 5 - 10+ years of related experience in pharmaceutical techniques, full value chain of investment processes and executions.
- Relevant experience in scientific research analysis, production and stakeholder management with universities, government research centers and investors
- Previous experience as Technology Transfer Project Manager in life sciences industry, ability to manage the technical relations with the stakeholders.
- Strong team work & effective conflict management
- Proficient in Negotiation and Communication skills, investment deal structuring and pricing, due diligence processes, legal closings and
- Respectable Leadership skills or ability to lead
- Ability to work in Boston/ Cambridge, full time.
- Ability to travel internationally 5% of time.
What's on Offer
- Extremely competitive remuneration package.