- Interesting role in digitally aware building society
- Commercial Treasurer role
About Our Client
A large financial services organisation embarking on a digital transformation and growth journey
As treasurer you will be responsible for;
- Monitoring and analysing the external market environment providing strategic level input adding value to the debate and execution of the business's balance sheet management, hedging strategies, funding structures and capital management.
- Overall responsibility for the Treasury Front Office, maintaining appropriate levels and mix of liquidity on a day to day, wholesale funding and interest rate risk that is consistent with the Board's strategic aims, risk appetite and relevant policies.
- Maintaining strong relationships with a broad cross-section of external counter parties to support Treasury's activity and oversee the maintenance of the organisation's asset pools for central bank facilities and other funding vehicles.
- Owning the Treasury Management System and process to ensure they are effective and that the appropriate controls are in place across the different user groups and accurate output is provided.
- As a member of the Leadership Team play an active role in the annual budgetary process and quarterly forecasts and help deliver the plan through meeting required financial metrics, keeping within budgets and working across the business to reduce costs.
- Working closely with Finance monitoring business cash flows and inputting into the funding plan as part of the financial planning process.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge and understanding of:
- Financial markets and the macro-economic conditions that impact them,
- Money market instruments, bonds, asset-backed securities and derivatives,
- All relevant codes of practice, regulation, legislation and other guidelines relevant to a building society Treasury operation e.g. PRA SS20/15, UK Money Markets Code, PRA rule book
- Key institution-specific prudential documents (ILAAP, ICAAP, RRP),
- The Bank of England's Sterling Monetary Framework (SMF) and in particular the facilities that the Society is eligible to participate including pool management
- The building society sector, including balance sheet composition and the main risk and revenue drivers.
- Private and public Securitisation execution and management
What's on Offer
An interesting senior interim role working for a large financial services organisation embarking on a digital transformation and growth journey