Treasurer, Non Executive Director
Exciting NED role in the Leading Standards Organization
Structure & Governance, Principle Officer
About Our Client
ISO (International Organization for Standardization) is an independent, non-governmental international organization with a membership of 165 national standards bodies. Through its members, it brings together experts to share knowledge and develop voluntary, consensus-based, market-relevant International Standards that support innovation and provide solutions to global challenges.
ISO has published more than 23 500 International Standards and related documents covering almost every industry, from technology to food safety, to agriculture and healthcare.
ISO has wide collaboration with the UN Organizations, WTO and over 700 other international and regional governmental and non-governmental organizations. The ISO Central Secretariat is based in Geneva (Switzerland).
For more information, please visit www.iso.org.
The Treasurer is an ISO Officer appointed by the ISO Council (Board of the Organization). This call for nomination process results from the ISO Rules of Procedure, according to which prior to the completion of the term of the incumbent Treasurer, a new Treasurer shall be by appointed Council. It is planned that Council proceeds with such appointment at its meeting in September 2021.
This Non-Executive role shall start on 1 January 2022 for a duration of 3-years. The Treasurer is not an employee of the Central Secretariat.
- Act as trustee for the funds of the Organization and advise the Council on all financial matters.
- Advise the Secretary-General in the preparation of the annual budget and on the financial administration of the ISO Central Secretariat.
- Assist the Secretary-General in managing the General Fund in accordance with the policy decided by the Council.
- Present audited annual financial reports to the General Assembly together with observations and recommendations, as appropriate.
- Guide the Secretary-General on local conditions such as the employment market, inflation and relations with the local authorities, and is a member/Chair of the Provident Foundation of the Central Secretariat in accordance with its Statutes.
- Is a member of the President's Committee (as an ISO Officer), of the Council Standing Committees on Finance (CSC/FIN) and for Review of Nominations (CSC/NOM) as well as of the ISO Council
The Successful Applicant
- The Treasurer shall be a citizen of a country which has a member body in the Organization and preferably practicing and residing in the country in which the seat of the Organization is located (Switzerland).
- The Treasurer shall be independent, i.e. not an employee of the Central Secretariat nor of an ISO member body.
- Strong high-level financial and/or legal experience
- Well-established professional contacts in Switzerland that may assist the ISO Central Secretariat in financial matters
- Thorough knowledge of Swiss Law and, in particular, legal requirements for Associations in Switzerland and Swiss pension law
- Thorough knowledge of the Swiss financial system
- Fluent in English and in French
- University education
What's on Offer
NED compensation, Travel Expenses