UK Finance Director
The UK Finance Director will be key to integration and strategy of 2 businesses
The role will grow as the Group grows and there will be further acquisitions
About Our Client
My client is well regarded within their specific industry and following recent acquisitions, can offer a joined-up approach to their key customers. The private equity backing drives the acquisitive approach and will work towards a likely exit in 3-4 years.
- Delivering the overall business objectives of profit growth by supporting the CFO
- Leading the UK businesses from a Finance perspective in areas such as cash management, profitability and investment
- Accountable for the IT functionality of the UK businesses
- Accountable for the development of the IT infrastructure and processes across the two businesses
- Production of Company Accounts to UK GAAP within the group reporting timetable along with all management information reporting resultant
- Ensuring all financial issues and controls are dealt with effectively and all Statutory and Tax obligations are adhered to within the timeframe required.
- Oversight and backup for the management accounting process.
- Manage the Foreign Exchange requirements of the two businesses in compliance with the Group Treasury Policy.
- Manage compliance requirements for Corporate Tax, VAT and payroll related taxes delivering reports and Government statistics timely and accurately
- Responsible for the preparation of the Statutory Accounts and tax working papers
- Produce budgets, revisions and forecasts in line with CFO requirements
- Deliver new concepts with regards to methods of analysing and reporting data to ensure that process duplication is minimised and manual tasks automated
- To lead and manage direct reports ensuring development and a culture of continuous improvement
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will hold a recognised accounting qualification (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) and can demonstrate an "on track" career history in a manufacturing or engineering environment. The ability to drive some cultural and structural change will also be essential as profit growth will be the number 1. objective. This will mean effective use of current resource and applying lean thinking and methodology to processes and systems.
Ideally the new UK Finance Director will also have prior experience of overseeing an IT function and will be central to an upcoming MRP & ERP system installation.
What's on Offer
A highly competitive salary and the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, driven environment.