- Market leading business
- Opportunity for further advancement within the wider group
About Our Client
Bucher Municipal is a world-leading supplier of municipal vehicles for cleaning and clearing operations on public and private roads and other traffic areas. With 2,400 global employees, the business is a subsidiary business of Bucher Industries AG - a Swiss company with 13,600 employees.
The Bucher Municipal range encompasses sweepers, winter maintenance equipment, vehicles for refuse collection and sewer cleaning. Bucher Municipal vehicles offer efficient cleaning, ease of operation, low maintenance costs and good environmental compatibility, whatever the weather conditions. The business takes responsibility towards society and the environment by ensuring that roads and public spaces are kept clean and safe, and by focusing on functional engineering, environmental integrity and driving comfort.
Bucher Municipal UK is based in Dorking, Surrey. More than 500 valued colleagues are employed in the UK with close to 400 of them working at the Dorking site. Bucher Municipal UK manufactures the Truck Mounted Sweeper product range designed for demanding road, airport and construction tasks and are at the forefront of vacuum, mechanical and air-regenerative technology. Launched in 2018, Bucher's fully electric truck mounted sweeper has been designed to produce zero tailpipe emissions and minimal noise.
The Managing Director will have full P&L accountability for the UK operation and will have functional responsibility for the HR, HSE, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, Product Management & Marketing and Finance teams via their leadership structure.
As the Managing Director, you will lead and collaborate with your teams to deliver the organisational strategy to maximise market share and opportunities through the delivery of innovative and market leading products, manufactured to world class standards, with best in industry service levels. People and culture development will be a key strategic priority as will a focus on sustainability.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to;
- Ensuring Bucher Municipal UK remains a safe, inclusive, and collaborative place to work.
- Lead and deliver the strategy to meet and exceed revenue and operational targets.
- Create and lead a business culture that has exceptional levels of service backed by high performance.
- Champion continuous improvement throughout the business.
- Work collaboratively and seamlessly with key stakeholders.
- Supporting the personal development of your direct reports and their teams.
- Promotion of local values and culture and their alignment with the wider Bucher business values.
- Collaboration with broader Bucher business units to ensure collaboration, knowledge sharing and innovation.
- Develop the Bucher Municipal UK business as a Centre of Excellence amongst the broader group through a strong focus on employee engagement, production, supply chain, product management, technology development, QA, and R&D.
- The deployment and further development of lean practices and operational excellence throughout the organisation to drive innovation, efficiency and improvement of operational margins whilst delivering best in class processes and standards.
- Monthly and quarterly business reporting.
- Representation to external industry bodies and legal & audit compliance.
- Developing the longer-term plan for site and facility development and investment looking at estates and technology investments.
The Successful Applicant
As the Managing Director of Bucher Municipal UK, you will have a proven track record of P&L Leadership in a similar role with a strong operational focus. Whilst it is not essential that you have worked in a specialist vehicle manufacturing environment, a background in the design and manufacture of high value capital equipment will be highly advantageous.
Most importantly, you will be an incredible people leader with the ability to effectively manage at all levels of the organisation and within a broader group.
Further selection criteria will include, but not be limited to;
- The ability to create, shape and manage a highly capable and knowledgeable organisation to deliver the highest levels of success.
- Proven success delivering high levels of sustainable profit and revenue growth.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to inspire and engage colleagues, with excellent influencing and relationship management capability.
- A proven track record of employee and organisational engagement and development
- A proven track record of ensuring an inclusive and collaborative working environment.
- Experience delivering enhanced productivity and production capability through the deployment of technology and lean manufacturing processes.
- A proven track record delivering business and operational transformation and change
What's on Offer
In addition to an outstanding financial package and executive benefits, you will be joining a business with a focus on sustainability that can offer further career advancement internationally.