- Exciting opportunity to drive technical exploration on our Peruvian projects.
- This role requires a minimum of 50% of your time spent in Peru.
About Our Client
A Canadian-based group of exploration companies is looking for a Vice President-Geology or Principal Geoscientist to participate as a key member of the Senior Management team.
- Promote and foster social, health, safety and environmental responsibility.
- Oversee and design exploration programs with a focus on generating drill targets.
- Work with Group Chief Geologist and Senior Vice President to develop exploration strategies and programs with the aim to execute the Board of Directors' strategic objectives.
- Primary responsibilities are to prioritize exploration targets within two district scale land packages (190,000 ha)
- Work with the Senior Vice President Peru to hire, lead, and manage the exploration geology team including liaising with contractors.
- Interpret and analyze exploration results to develop geological models and delineate current and future exploration targets.
- Working with the in-house team to implement QA/QC protocols, including the compilation of geological, geochemical and geophysical databases and exploration data management.
- Preparation of geological models to ensure the Company's exploration plans deliver relevant information to NI 43-101 standards.
- Provide frequent status and progress reports (oral and written) of exploration work, and potential new projects/opportunities to group executives including CEO.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- Proficient in written and verbal communication skills in both Spanish and English;Undergraduate degree in Geology, Geoscience (preference for M.Sc.)
- Proven teambuilder able to inspire and manage a highly engaged geological team to achieve outstanding exploration results
- Strong capabilities in ArcGIS & Leapfrog, with the ability to communicate complex exploration ideas in investor-friendly presentations.
- Ability to work with different cultures across different time zones.
- 15+ years experience in mineral exploration and 5+ years managing exploration projects in a leadership position, preferably in Latin America, including significant field work, exploration camp and corporate reporting experience.
- Broad experience across a variety of deposit types, experience with copper porphyry and skarn deposits is required; experience in copper-nickel magmatic sulphides is desirable.
- Strong interpretation skills of geochemical and geophysical data sets are required.
- Ability to clearly communicate to executive leadership within the group
What's on Offer
Competitive Compensation and Benefit package.