Vice President - Global Technical Accounting
Based in downtown Boston
Highly technical accounting center of excellence
About Our Client
My client is one of the largest financial services entities in the world. Highly reputable and a leader in its field, they are aggressively expanding their Accounting Policy team at the VP level. They hope to build on their market leading team, to reflect their eminent position in the market.
The Controllers Organization within the firm is currently seeking an experienced Accounting Policy professional to join the Global Accounting Policy team. The team is responsible for setting and evaluating accounting policies, interpreting and developing guidance on emerging accounting standards and providing consultation and advice on technical accounting issues.
As trusted business advisors, the team is highly valued for playing a critical role in driving the company's strategy by advising on new business initiatives and product development, as well as positioning the company for future accounting changes. This is a senior level role that provides broad exposure to all business lines and significant transactions.
The ideal candidate will be a strong, decisive, results-oriented individual who is comfortable developing and strengthening relationships across the global enterprise and with a wide variety of partners, based on trust, teamwork and knowledge. This position reports directly to the SVP of Global Accounting Policy. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Establish and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with finance partners and other internal clients to understand the business and provide ongoing guidance on new business initiatives
- Work independently to research and analyze proposed and/or completed transactions, and author technical accounting memorandums documenting those transactions
- Take an active role in the implementation of new accounting standards and the development of accounting policies
- Monitor, assess and communicate the effects of proposed US GAAP and IFRS accounting standard changes
- Influence the accounting standard setting process by preparing comment letters to the FASB and IASB and representing the Bank externally on accounting policy issues through participation in various industry groups
- Prepare and deliver training programs and other communications to educate the global finance organization on accounting changes
- Work in a fast paced, challenging and collaborative team environment with multiple and competing priorities.
Submit resume today for immediate consideration!
The Successful Applicant
- CPA required (non-negotiable)
- 8+ years of relevant experience, including technical accounting and/or policy experience
- A passion for problem-solving, performing independent technical research and writing extensively
- Ability to effectively communicate clearly and concisely; comfortable with public speaking/delivering presentations.
What's on Offer
What's on Offer
- $160,000 to $ 180,000 base salary
- Vice President title
- Generous benefits package
- Work-life balance arrangements.
The current team is comprised of experienced accounting policy professionals with Big 4 backgrounds who nurture a collaborative team environment, thus providing a supportive transition into an accounting policy role for someone looking to take the next step in their career. This position offers the best aspects of public accounting (flexible schedules, dynamic projects, strong learning environment), without the drawbacks (billable hours, long nights and extensive travel!)