Vice President of Human Resources - Hanover, MA
Reporting directly into the President
#1 HR position within a 150+ person business
About Our Client
My client is over 40 years old as a firm and is almost 200 employees strong. Their revenues have grown from around $30m to $50m over the past 4 years, and the firm is poised for continued significant success. They are based on the South Shore.
The VP of HR will be responsible for contributing to business strategy, develop workforce plans and programs that align with the organizations overall strategic objectives, forecast talent needs and address the talent gaps, talent acquisition, orchestrate learning skills and career development of the workforce, employee orientation, education, and training, management development, employee and labor relations, compliance, policies and procedures, workers compensation administration, wage and salary administration, benefits administration, organization development, and employee assistance. Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Partner with senior management to implement and support the firm's policies, practices and programs including attraction, development and rewarding of team members.
- Optimize the current HR team of 4 HR professionals.
- Develop and implement effective hiring and employee retention programs.
- Partner with management to address day-to-day HR operational issues such as employee and labor relations, compensation reviews, escalated benefits issues, performance management and training.
- Provide guidance on special projects, HR analytics & reporting, talent reviews, training, change management, organizational design, diversity and inclusion.
- Provide objective and strategic input and guidance to employees at all levels of the organization including career development, and general management / employee relationship issues.
- Guide managers and employees in resolving employee relations issues by providing effective conflict resolution and coaching.
- Act as an employee champion and change agent by anticipating HR-related needs and delivering value added services for the benefit of the employees.
- Investigate claims of misconduct and escalates to legal and security team as required.
- Develop and manage annual budgets for the department and perform periodic cost and productivity analyses.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends. Identifies trends that could impact the organization objectives.
- Maintain an effective level of business literacy including company goals, mission, financial position, strategy, competition, technology and culture.
- Ad hoc projects as and when needed.
More information will be disclosed after resume assessment.
This opportunity is Retained and Exclusive to Michael Page Boston. Submit your resume today and it will be considered within 48 hours of submission. Should your profile be deemed suitable, you will be contacted promptly by Tom Smith for further dialogue.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree - essential
- Advanced degree or MBA - preferred
- Certifications in HR - ideal but not essential
- 10+ years of human resources experience and 5+ years of human capital experience with at least 5 years of management level experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience specifically managing recruiting efforts with a strong track record of quality talent acquisition
- Requires outstanding interpersonal, coaching and listening skills with the ability to communicate within all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to remain objective, discrete and exercise common sense at all times.
- Ability to develop strong, trusting relationships within department and organization.
- Thrives in a dynamic environment and able to work on various projects simultaneously, requiring strong organizational and time management skills.
What's on Offer
- $ 130,000 to $ 140,000 base salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- From 2021, an employee equity plan will be implemented
- Collaborative, team orientated environment, with a strong corporate culture and collective mission
- Competitive health benefits
- Competitive PTO
- Generous 401K plan, including company match
- Opportunity to work in a growing and exciting business, with a solid financial position and ambitious growth plans.
- South Shore working location
Please note that flexible working/ work from home is not available. However, the ability to work from alternate, New England based offices from time to time, is.