Vice President IT
global IT responsibility
About Our Client
Our client - TRISTONE is a First Tier full system provider and full development partner of Engine & Battery Cooling, Air charge and Air Intake applications for the Automotive Industry. As one of the market leaders in Europe, TRISTONE has in the meantime successfully expanded its customer base and operations into the NAFTA and China regions and is now focusing to do this also in India and Brazil.
Key products in the Engine and Battery Cooling segment are rubber extruded hoses in either multilayer knitted reinforced EPDM rubber or TRISTONE's mono layer fiber material, single and multi-layer PA pipes and own patented compact or dual purpose surge tanks, together with in house made quick connectors for water cooling applications. Key Air Charge products include silicone and acrylic extruded rubber hoses, blow-molded air ducts and injection molded resonators. Key Air Intake products include compact air intake cassettes, air filter cartridges, ducts, hoses, guides, flaps and extractors.
The Group currently employs approximately 2.700 employees.
We are currently looking for a "VP IT" to be based in the company's headquarters in Liberec / Czech Republic with global responsibility over 13 plants across Europe, Asia, America.
As VP IT you are responsible for the company's IT governance, you will furthermore lead a small international IT team and your responsibility for the IT - or investment budget.
You will report directly to the CFO.
Your main objective is the global development and transformation of the IT department as a competent and accepted business partner. The IT activities ensure a smooth operating system with an adequate IT infrastructure across the TRISTONE Group.
Your responsibilities will include shaping the future successfully, it will be crucial to further develop existing business processes. This must be done within the framework of the corporate strategy; TRISTONE envisions the development of an IT strategy to increase the company's success.
Therefore, new (future-oriented) approaches must be actively introduced and the IT architecture must be operated reliable and efficiently including necessary technological development.
You will support the Group Managing Director as well as the VPs of the various departments with your expertise.
In addition your responsibilities will include:
- Development and implementation of enterprise-wide IT strategy in conjunction with a scalable IT architecture to future growth due to the connections of new (production) sites
- Clear definition and demand-oriented alignment of the IT portfolio to the needs of the individual locations or departments (exercise of IT governance)
- Develop measures to achieve efficiency and profitability, such as reducing the number of external service providers or similar
- Further development of the IT sector to the pro-active acting "business partner"
The Successful Applicant
- University degree in information technology or equivalent field of study
- min 5 years of work experience in a similar function within automotive sector
- min 5 years of experience in working and implementing of SAP system
- Analytical skills and entrepreneurial thinking and acting
- Strong communication skills and organizational skill on complex issues
- Secure and professional appearance
- Team spirit, commitment and flexibility
- High level of commitment, resilience, perseverance and focus on solutions
- Background of system operation and application development
- Sound management experience in an established medium-sized and internationally operating industrial enterprise.
- Appropriate understanding of the business processes
- Very good leadership skills
- Intercultural experience
- Dynamically acting
- Enjoyment of active design and development of field
- Entrepreneurial spirit in order to provide sustainable support to the growth of the whole company
- Very good English and German skills in spoken and written, additional foreign language would be an advantage
What's on Offer
An attractive and dynamic working environment; interesting salary package, performance-related pay
Flat hierarchies, various and challenging assignments with multinational teams