Vice President of Operations
International industrial equipment manufacturer, with US subsidiary of 50M USD
The role fits a Supply Chain & Logistics Director, with imports and distribution
About Our Client
Our client is a global privately held group, with growing operations in the U.S.
Reporting to the General Manager of the Americas, the primary objective of the Vice President, Operations is to plan, direct, improve and control operational activities to achieve business goals and profit targets efficiently. This position will be fully responsible for operations in the region, focused on improving processes and SLA's to support the growth and bandwidth to take on larger U.S based contracts with Key Accounts.
- Direct company operations to meet budget and other financial goals
- Direct short-term and long-range planning and budget development to support strategic business goals of profitability, capital expenditure and operation performance
- Establish the performance goals, allocate resources, and assess policies for senior management
- Demonstrate successful execution of business strategies for company products and services
- Direct and participate in acquisition and growth activities to support overall business objectives and plans
- Report to the Senior Vice President of the region on operational issues and results
- Oversee the development of procedures, policies and controls to assist in the achievement of acceptable profit margins throughout the organization
- Implement policies and controls to support overall company policies and objectives
- Participate in company business planning activities and monitor results against forecasts
- Recommend, direct and supervise the opening of new operations including staffing, equipment, licenses and products, etc.
- Direct the activities of selected departmental managers to achieve business objectives
- Coordinate the activities of managers with operational responsibilities to ensure the company`s operating policies and procedures are maintained
- Supervise production where appropriate to ensure optimum resource use, minimal costs and maintenance of quality standards
- Establish lines of control and delegate responsibilities to subordinate staff, including the selection and training of staff
- Ensure compliance with all legal, statutory and corporate affairs requirements
- Demonstrate visible leadership and proactive commitment to HSEC excellence through personal example, by promoting initiatives and encouraging strong teamwork at all levels, and by conducting frequent site inspections, reviews and behavioural observations
- Ensure that a safe working environment is maintained at all times and that the appropriate safety regulations and policies are complied with
The Successful Applicant
Educational and / or Training Qualifications & Certificates
- Business Management degree or equivalent with supply chain and logistics specializations
- MBA is a key differentiator
Experience and Knowledge
- A min of 10 years prior experience as a senior manager in Operations for US subsidiary that distribution manufactured products.
- Experience in developing and implementing comprehensive business plan to achieve maximum profitability for the business in manufacturing and distribution
- Strong knowledge of fluid control/hydraulics equipment will be a plus
- Must have experience implementing lean six sigma process improvements activities
- Experience leading IT or HR is a plus
What's on Offer
Very solid opportunity to be part of a growing U.S subsidiary with import and logistics operation, that could potentially give an Operations leader the opportunity to move to a General Manager role.
We are looking for hands on executive who can roll up the sleeves and partner with sales, finance and global operations to improve the U.S efficiency locally.
This role does not have procurement or manufacturing. We are looking for supply chain, imports and distribution experience as the bulk of this executive's career.