- Save Job
- Email job
- Vice President Policy and Government Relations (Payments)
- payments policy & financial services policy
About Our Client
I am recruiting for a Vice President Public Policy & Government Affairs (payments) for a global bank. You will:
- Be the point person for day-to-day/working-level relationships on strategic policy issues for payments and broad financial services policy issues.
- Help oversee and coordinate government relations and policy internal reporting for Group.
- Build and cultivate relationships with political stakeholders in a strategic and thoughtful way. Proactively manage these relationships to protect and enhance corporate reputation.
- Provide the business with knowledge, understanding and insight into the UK political landscape in order to inform business decisions.
- Coordinating and writing briefs for senior representatives ahead of key government meetings.
- Focus delivery of activity on issues material to the bank, government, and parliamentarians, and support the execution of public policy campaigns in line with the banks strategic objectives.
- Manage relationships with business and industry groups where those relationships align with the banks strategic objectives and deliver tangible benefits.
The Successful Applicant
You will have:
- Experience of payments or financial services policy issues.
- Strong interest in and understanding of UK politics and the regulatory environment.
- Excellent communications skills - ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and concisely.
- Strong understanding of UK politics and an awareness of the political environment in which the bank operates.
- Strong understanding of the policy making process and how to influence it.
- Ability to engage with and influence stakeholders at all levels inside and outside the bank.
- Collaborative approach and an ability to navigate complex organisations.
- Ability to work independently and drive forward projects and activity at pace.
What's on Offer
£75,000 - £85,000 PA DOE plus excellent benefits and bonus
Quote job ref
- Financial Services
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Kas Rothwell
- Job reference