Vice President of Sales
Award winning television attention measurement company start-up.
Recognized by The New York Times, Advertising Age, AdWeek, MediaPost, and Forbes
About Our Client
We are the attention measurement company. We are pioneering the way brands, agencies, TV networks and OTT platforms determine the true value of their video content and advertising. The company's core technology measures 'eyes on screen' attention, the single most accurate way to measure exposure to video content. Leveraging this technology we have built a large-scale panel to measure total home viewing behavior, and built the experience necessary to build and scale home panels rapidly. Founded by two MIT alumni, we are a venture-backed company headquartered in Boston, MA with offices in New York and Tokyo.
- Define a comprehensive sales strategy, execute this strategy across the sales team - and adapt as necessary to hit our revenue goals
- Own and coordinate the Sales forecast process leveraging our Salesforce investment, across each Sales segments with the goal of delivering timely, accurate forecasts to senior leadership
- Help to establish, track, and improve core KPIs for the team
- Create the hiring plan, interview and onboarding process for prospective revenue team members
- Build and support the delivery of the sales component of the quarterly Board of Director (BOD) package
- Manage a growing sales team with an evolving product, nurture sellers to meet or exceed their targets
- Regularly contact, prospect for and develop new business accounts with senior agency, advertiser and media company accounts
- Drive deals from inception to close, coordinate with Solutions and CS leads to transition accounts
- Attend relevant trade shows and conferences, confidently represent the company externally
- Manage relationships with key decision makers at prospective and existing customers
The Successful Applicant
- 4+ years' experience in a leadership role in sales within a B2B sales environment (cloud-based/SaaS preferred), with 4+ years as a successful seller in ad-tech or measurement
- Prior experience (2+ years) working at early-stage or growth-stage startups
- Results-oriented personality. Outstanding communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent client orientation around problem-solving and delivering solutions based products.
- Substantial familiarity with or in advanced TV, media research and measurement
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to scale our revenue engine
- Accomplished in dynamic deal and contract negotiation and business model problem solving.
- Successful history in achieving significant revenue growth in a technology-oriented, small company environment.
- Established relationships with decision makers at advertisers, ad agencies or media companies
- Strong presentation, communication and project management skills
- Advanced skills in PowerPoint, Excel, and Salesforce
- Attention to detail, effective organization and task management skills
- Passion for analytics, ability to synthesize data into insights (storytelling) a strong plus
- Extremely comfortable working with a technology-product knowledge base.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Undergraduate with MBA or Master's degree a plus.
What's on Offer
Comeptitive base salary, bonus, and equity.