Vice President Technical APAC
Top 5 Global Aircraft Lessor
Employer of Choice
About Our Client
This is an opportunity to be part of one of the top 5 global aircraft lessors who are famous for the innovation, outstanding organisational culture, entrepreneurial spirit, and one of the clear market leaders in the commercial aviation leasing sector.
Their company is hugely respected and recognised as having one of the absolute best in class leadership teams across the aircraft leasing sector and is regarded as an aspirational employment brand and truly iconic culture.
Their strong market position globally, and significant presence and continued year on year growth throughout the APAC region has created a rare opportunity for a Vice President, Technical APAC to join their team.
Asia Pacific represents the fasting growing region globally for the commercial leasing sector and this is also reflected in our clients business model, and there is a high demand for aircraft transitions and re deliveries in the next couple of years hence the VP Technical APAC role.
The Vice President, Technical APAC role will be based in Hong Kong and require a strong background in the negotiation of aircraft leases and transition of aircraft between Lessees across the region. The ability to engage will all levels of the internal organisation and work as part of a cross functional deal team including aircraft trading, pricing, credit, origination, and legal is critical to find good compromise solutions to complex challenges in a high pressure environment. The role will also be highly customer facing and the same ability to engage with all levels of a customer is also of vital importance.
Key Responsibilities include;
- Negotiation of LOI's and Leases as part of the deal team structure and to project manage the transition of aircraft between Lessees is absolutely key for this role.
- Exceptional financial acumen, and understanding of each asset is critical as is a strong knowledge of OEM Engine support agreements
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with Lessees, MRO's, OEM's and Service Providers and have an intimate knowledge of new technology aircraft and engines as well all asset classes owned by our client
- Proven track record of success for recovery of distressed assets in a professional and least disruptive, minimal cost manner.
The role will report into the Regional Technical Head of Asia Pacific and must be working effectively to improving systems and working processes with other departments to ensure as well as ensuring best in class technical practices.
The Successful Applicant
The right individual will have the ability to hit the ground running in this role, and work independently as the point person for technical matters in the Hong Kong team and integrate well into the cross functional deal team.
The following key skills are essential;
- Proven track record of success for 10 or more years in a technical role for a leading commercial aircraft lessor, and or airline with significant experience in aircraft transitions, contract negotiation, and re-deliveries
- Engineering Degree, or Aircraft Maintenance engineers licence
- Strong aircraft leasing experience, ideally from both the Lessee and Lessor perspectives, combined with experience working within an Airline maintenance or MRO environment
- MRO or Airline experience in a management role in maintenance and engineering environment
- Proven track record and extensive experience in aircraft lease negotiation and the transitioning of aircraft from one lessee to another
- The ability to work as part of a cross functional deal team
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to work for a global market leader in commercial aircraft leasing in a high profile VP Technical APAC role
- Exceptional organisational culture with is fun, entrepreneurial, and has unrivalled global career development opportunities
- Excellent remuneration and bonus rewards structure