VP, Assistant General Counsel - Tech Tranasctions
$150,000 - $185,000
Exciting role to join a global company dealing with technology contracts
Dynamic legal team with opportunities to grow a team in Chicago!
About Our Client
Global technology company.
- Draft and negotiate complex technology agreements, including consulting services agreements, IT outsourcing agreements, software license and maintenance agreements, reseller agreements, hardware purchase agreements, hardware leases and software-as-a-services and web hosting agreements;
- Advise management, as well as finance and other company departments on legal issues and risks, complex deal structures, approval processes, company policies, procedures and negotiation strategies;
- Advise on IP, data privacy and data security matters
- Advise business leaders on a wide range of legal matters in a clear and concise manner
- Interact with internal clients on a daily basis
The Successful Applicant
- JD from a US ABA-accredited law school
- Admission to state Bar
- 4+ years of experience dealing with technology transactions gained from either a top law firm's Tech Transactions Practice or in-house
- Experience must include transactional expertise in software, data, complex licensing, outsourcing legal experience
- High-volume technology contracts experience, drafting and negotiating technology agreements, including, consulting services agreements, IT outsourcing agreements, software license and maintenance agreements, re-seller agreements, hardware purchase agreements
- Data privacy and data security law experience is highly preferred
- Experience dealing with IP technology matters is also preferred
- CIPP a plus
- Must have experience partnering directly with clients on a daily basis
- Team player with excellent communication skills
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary with bonus and great benefits.