VP, Compliance Officer- Hedge Fund
Excellent opportunity to work with one of the largest hedge funds in Hong Kong
Great team culture and good work life balance
About Our Client
Our client is a Type 9 hedge fund managing around $5 billion in assets across equity portfolios. The firm's investors include institutions in Canada, China, Europe and US, which comprise of pension funds, banks, family offices, private wealth funds, and etc. Their investor jurisdiction mainly come from US and Europe. Due to business expansion and with a new CCO on board, they have an additional head count under their compliance team.
Reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer, you are responsible for:
- acting as secondary point of contact with regulator(s) including SFC, SEC and etc.
- managing all regulatory compliance matters including: licensing, inquiries, reporting, disclosure of interests, Chinese Wall, monitoring, AML/KYC, and etc.
- maintaining good relationships with SFC, SEC and other regulators across various jurisdictions
- keep updated of regulatory developments, updates and provide advices to business and senior stake holders
- provide professional advice to investment team to ensure rules and regulations are met
- implement a proper compliance monitoring program and conduct regular compliance reviews
The Successful Applicant
- University degree in finance, accounting, law
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in legal, compliance and risk from hedge fund, asset managers
- Must have knowledge with rules and regulations (SFC, SEC)
- Solid product knowledge in Equities
- Chinese and English
What's on Offer
- Great team culture and friendly office
- Lucrative packages: base and bonuses and other benefits
- Opportunity to work at one of the largest hedge funds in HK