VP of Finance and Operations Americas
Co President role for the Americas, peer to the VP of Sales and Customer Service
Great fit for a finance business partner with passion for operations excellence
About Our Client
Our client is an equipment manufacturer with strong presence in the medical devices market, focusing on B2B and B2B2C channels.
This role will report to the CFO of THE COMPANY group and will work hand in hand with the Executive VP Sales & Marketing of North America to form a successful leading partnership for the region's operations.
- Assists in establishing short- and long-term company and departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Develops or provides oversight on the development of budgets for Finance, admin and Operations.
- Directs and coordinates financial planning and budgeting processes for North America.
- Designs, implements, and maintains an organisational structure to effectively accomplish the company and departmental goals and objectives.
- Evaluates and recommends business partnering opportunities. Conducts due diligences and M&A as required.
- Liaise with government bodies, consultants or other as required to obtain grants, funding, etc.
Finance and Accounting Management and Reporting
- Oversees and directs treasury, budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, purchasing, real estate, and insurance activities for the organisation.
- Manages the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts.
- Oversees and directs the preparation and issuance of the corporation's monthly reporting in a timely manner.
- Leads and analyses studies of general economic, business, and financial conditions and their impact on the organisation's policies and operations.
- Coordinates and provides up to date advice for optimisation with regard to tax reporting.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Provides oversight and analyses, consolidates, and directs all accounting procedures together with other statistical and routine reports.
- Provides oversight and analyses of operational issues impacting functional groups and the whole institution and determines their financial impact.
- Establishes and maintains contacts with outside stakeholders, including but not limited to, financial institutions, lawyers, accountants and insurance providers.
- Takes instructions and reports truly and fairly to CFO and CEO on all business' matters for North America.
Operations, Facilities and Compliance
- Provides executive leadership and oversight to North American Operations.
- Ensures compliance with all outside agencies, including, but not limited to, OSHA, EPA and FDA.
Legal, procurement and other administrative duties
- Manages Legal Matters and leads any negotiation and dispute to a successful outcome for THE COMPANY.
- Reflects group's directions regarding procurement, negotiates and applies group guidelines.
- Handles any other project and administrative duties (e.g. office management, company secretary) as required.
Human Resources (no direct management)
- Ensures relevant controls are performed and provides assistance as required to Human Resource function (independent function), to help drive a culture of open communication, inclusion, empowerment, accountability, care, respect and focused excellence that supports the organisations' vision and mission.
IT (no direct management)
- Represents the requirements of FAO and supports the Information Technology function as required (independent function), notably in implementation of business systems, notably ERP and CRM systems.
- Serves as a business partner to the EVP of Sales and Marketing with a customer-oriented approach.
- Provides executive leadership to Finance, Admin (excl. HR and IT) and Operations teams including, organisational structure and design, clear communication of key initiatives and objectives to achieve targets, hiring top talent, training and development, performance management, mentoring and coaching for success.
- Leads by example, hard work and also pragmatic and problem-solving approach as well as hands on, close management a team of 6 direct reports (4 US and 2 Canada) and 25-30 indirect reports.
- Partners with Executive leadership and other THE COMPANY team members to achieve THE COMPANY goals and ensure success. Use commercial acumen to spot trends and provide advice to the commercial counterparts.
- Implement, document processes, procedures and ensure continuous improvement.
The Successful Applicant
Experience & Education
- Master's degree or MBA preferred, Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with relevant professional qualification (CPA, CMA or equivalent).
- 15+ years related experience in finance/accounting with a minimum of 5 years in a senior finance Leadership role with demonstrated track record in applying financial, legal, administrative, operational skills to lead businesses to commercial success. Consequent knowledge of all financial functions with ability to apply principles to business matters.
- Operations/Manufacturing with a strong 6-Sigma, Kaizen-type culture as well as FMCG/Trade/Commercial industry, with a customer focused experience is essential
- Experience in a multicultural and matrix environment is highly desirable
North Dallas. The candidate must be open to relocate to Dallas, TX, if not local.
- Travels as required and approved by CFO.
- P&L of under 100M in the region with less 100 employees.
What's on Offer
Overview of the role and challenge:
- Vice President, Finance Administration Operations for the North American subsidiary
- The desired profile is of a very experienced co-leader (alongside the VP of Sales and Marketing, North America) of our business in this region
- The ideal candidate will not only ensure accuracy and transparency of accounts, perfection of processes and efficiency of our operations, but also use networks and commercial acumen to support the business growth
- He/she must report to HQ and apply flawlessly the strategy from our head office.
- Necessary relocation to Dallas, should the candidate not be from the DFW area.
- This position is slightly different different than the previous incumbent, as the Regional VP of Finance will now lead operations as well and be much more inclined to KPI management and process excellence across operations.
- The ideal profile is of a team player and someone who is adaptable and a champion of process efficiencies and excellence.
- He/she must have a proven track record and come from lean manufacturing/process improvement background.
- He/she Needs must be hands on and be a leader would leads by example.
- The company has raised a lot of cash and is now ready to push and improve. The company has changed from an product manufacturing mindset to a solution provider.
- This person also needs to be very client driven and have a level of sophistication, almost as a General Manager. Previous experiences in a business unit leadership role and oversight of operations (or full P&L) will be a key differentiator
- The ideal candidate is someone who can look at systems and provide visibility to the organization. He/she must liaise internally and externally on how to provide tools so that the operation can work well with clients and internal partners.
- There is a possibility of onshoring US operations in the future. Brownfield and greenfield experience would be desired. The current Production operations is all done internationally.
- A key factor here is the humility and respect for the hierarchy and the colleagues.
- The search will target professionals with a solid finance background as well as exposure to operations and client oriented experiences.
- HQ is a listed company. Cost is under control and very profitable.
- The role is of a co-pilot for the North American Subsidiary
Team under this position:
- Fp&a manager
- Operations Director
- Team laboratory (under 10 pax), logistics (under 10 pax)
- Responsible for all other staff and managers compliance to the site's health and safety rules as well as anti-discrimination, bullying, harassment, etc. policies.
HR and IT are not direct reports, but:
- This role is ultimately responsible for the health and safety of the employees, as well as abidance to anti-discrimination, bullying, harassment, etc. policies by all staff and management.
- his role includes the possible addition to the Board, as requested by its management, with all associated responsibilities and duties.