VP of Finance Controls & Reporting (FP&A)
$130,000 - $150,000
Recent acquisition, this role will provide business analysis & revenue streams
Hands on position supporting a growing organization
About Our Client
Our client is an international company with a growing subsidiary in the US.
- Management of employees by coaching, instructing, giving people additional responsibilities and taking care that people can give the best of their abilities.
- Performance review cycle is included, consisting of annual target setting, performance interview and annual review.
- Monthly work meetings take place.
- Assisting the CFO in determining long term strategic needs for Finance
- Drive the annual budget and rolling forecast processes based on business metrics and manage the continued development of budgeting, financial Forecasting, operating Plans, and modeling tools.
- Measure the company's monthly performance for actuals vs plan and forecast with a focus on revenue, margins, pricing, expenses, profitability, capital, and headcount.
- Support and assist in establishing the strategic plan (5y-plan) and translate the strategic plan into financials.
- Reduce time in report generation and increase time in analysis and results.
- Prepare and analyze financial information and action plans, and provide fact-based financial recommendations to management for decision-making purposes (versus plan and forecasts)
- Identify, maintain and track KPI's and create relevant dashboards and/or reporting tools to enable functional leaders and senior management to make data-driven decisions in their day-to-day operations.
- Hold monthly review sessions with the strategic and functional process and/or project owners to discuss the monthly financial performance and KPI's and highlight the concerning risks and opportunities.
- Effectively control of costs by monthly cost reviews and proactively assist the company in identifying opportunities for improvements and cost reductions.
- Manage and assist with various ad hoc projects, such as inventory management standardization, SG&A spend analysis and continuous improvement benchmarking.
- Prepare and Review investment proposals based on thorough business cases, challenge business owners, and provide oversight of capital budgets and analysis.
- Balance the needs of short-term assets and short-term liabilities, including short-term loans, merchandise purchased on credit, goods and services provided on credit, goods and services paid for upon delivery.
- monitoring the cash flow of a business on a weekly and monthly basis in such a way that satisfies all debts while reserving enough capital to continue operations and the generation of profits
- Lowering production costs while maintaining sales revenue increases profits, thus providing more cash for working capital management.
- Continuous review on financial processes, financial systems and internal control procedures on effectivity, efficiency and compliance.
- Manage the implementation of financial process improvements and information systems assuring financial controls and consistent, reliable and timely financial information
- Focus on checks and balances within processes and improve where necessary.
- Supports monthly closing and summarizes financial results and expectations for senior management.
- Provide monthly KPI dashboard and report the attention points, including root cause analysis.
- Prepare Management Report packages
- Support valuation and integration of selected M&A acquisition or divestiture projects and activities.
- Prepare business case evaluations to review business decisions taken and get clarity about future scenarios.
The Successful Applicant
- CPA or MBA required
- Strong understanding of GAAP, accounting and financial reporting
- In-depth knowledge of internal controls and best practices
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting
- Knowledge in utilizing BI software for master data, costing, analyze and reporting
- Minimum of 10 Finance or Business-related knowledge
- Knowledgeprocess improvement
- Knowledge of the utlities & residential services is a plus
What's on Offer
- Excellent opportunity to be part of a growing company that is savy in acquisition
- Ability to be part of a global company but still make an impact int he organization
- Excellent benefits and compensation