- Global Fortune 500 Manufacturer
- Successor to the current CEO
About Our Client
Our client for the VP of Finance North America - Divisional CFO opportunity is a division of a Global Fortune 500 organization. This division is close to $1 billion in revenue and has manufacturing facilities in the US, Canada, and Mexico servicing customer in automotive, industrial, construction and agriculture, oil and gas.
The VP of Finance North America - Divisional CFO will be a key leader on the executive leadership team, and be responsible for the leadership, direction, and management of the North American finance and accounting team. The VP of Finance will oversee all accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, as well as advise the business and leadership team on long term strategic financial strategies. The VP of Finance will report to the North America CEO and serve as a strategic business partner. This individual will be a potential successor to the current North America CEO in roughly 3-5 years. Location Mansfield, OH area, relocation is required and relocation assistance will be provided.
- Provide executive leadership in the continuous evaluation of short and long term strategic financial objectives and offers recommendations to enhance financial performance and business opportunities
- Responsible for timely, accurate and consistent reporting of financial information, including full monthly, quarterly and annual closing
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operations information to the CEO and executive management team and make recommendations on strategy and operations
- Provide leadership and oversight for all accounting team members at headquarters and multi plant locations
- Actively participate in Executive Management Team meetings; provide updates relating to Financials and other areas of responsibility.
- Establish and report against KPIs for the business
- Responsible for preparing the annual 3-year and 5-year business plan
- Ensure accounting policies adhere to Group Policies
- Preparation of timely and accurate tax returns, proper management reporting and cost accounting, capital planning and assessment
- Treasury- improve company's cash conversion cycle and accurate cash forecasting
- Oversees the organization's risk management including establishing and improving internal controls and procedures
- Personnel evaluation and/or development of a strong accounting and finance team
- Evaluate strategic growth opportunities through expansion and/or M&A (mergers and acquisitions)
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics required
- MBA and/or CPA/CMA highly preferred
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in finance and accounting/controllership roles within manufacturing
- Minimum 3 years of experience is a Sr. Financial Leadership position
- International experience highly preferred but not required
- Ability and proven track record working with various departments - sales, finance, accounting, HR, engineering, manufacturing, etc.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing operational improvements to increase revenues, decrease costs and improve cash flow
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications and products, business intelligence systems
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with large ERP systems - SAP highly preferred
- Business minded and strong team player mentality
- Strong communication skills written and verbal
- Strong work ethic and high attention to detail with a passion to win and positively influence a company culture
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary $180,000 - $210,000, bonus, full benefits, 401K, vacation, holidays, relocation assistance if needed, wide range of career growth opportunities to other divisions, to the corporate parent company, and/or a successor to the divisional CEO.