VP Global Business Development - Immunology - China, USA
Biopharmaceutical powerhouse for oncology and immunology drugs
15 targeted drug candidates for proven and novel biological pathways
About Our Client
Our client is Chinese bio pharmaceutical company with global presence and own drug development platform. Currently with pipeline of 15 targeted drug candidates for both proven and novel biological pathways the are expecting first product to reach the market in 2021.
Currently with 400 FTEs across China and US, the company is focusing on oncology and auto-immune drug candidates and keen to expand the pipeline by potential licensing, co-development and strategic partnering opportunities.
- Develop and implement partnering strategy with biotech/pharma and research universities for potential deals
- Identifying licensing and acquisition opportunities for novel therapeutics and executing deals
- Engage and lead internal and external people and resources to demonstrate company advantages to external partners
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure collaborations are coordinated across functions and aligned to overarching partnering strategy
- Lead outreach and negotiations of these collaborations with both internal stakeholders and stakeholders to close the alliance deals and manage the relationship
- Evaluate alliance and partnership trends and provide analysis and recommendations to management
- Build strong relationships with various partners in emerging markets
Expected very much to be a "hands on role" i.e. able to work independently but with the ability to lead a matrix group and/or to proactively and meaningfully participate in other group led discussions.
Complete negotiations and transactions for R&D and clinical collaborations
The Successful Applicant
- Advanced degree in Biology, Medicine, Medical Engineering or similar field. Strong scientific acumen and understanding of up-to-date technology for global biotech sphere Ph.D. and/or MBA strongly preferred
- 5+ years' corporate managerial or business development experience
- Strong knowledge in oncology, immunology and biologics area
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated track record of identifying, negotiating and managing successful strategic alliances, partnerships, licensing arrangements and other third-party relationships
- Ability to model, structure and negotiate both traditional and innovative business arrangements
- Demonstrated ability to lead and close high value projects, and experience successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner to senior management and Board of Directors; refined executive communication and presentation abilities
- Demonstrated competency across a broad spectrum that includes, but not limited to, strategic planning, data analysis, market assessment, product positioning, pricing and reimbursement, and alliance management.
Ability to establish credibility, trust and strong working relationships both inside and outside the Company
- High ethical standards; excellent judgement; professional integrity and proven discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information.
What's on Offer
You will be offered an opportunity to join a promising platform which valued for its unique business model, diverse pipeline and outstanding talents.
Following biotech philosophy our client offers performance based package with attractive base pay, bonus scheme and equity plan.