VP - Global Sourcing
Newly Created Leadership Role
Global Sourcing Head with Sizable Team
About Our Client
Our client is a leading sourcing and manufacturing company with a focus in the beauty & consumer goods sector. With own manufacturing sites globally and working with 3rd party vendors, they partner with leading beauty & consumer goods companies in the world, providing products and solutions to support their clients' business & marketing needs. As part of the new global strategy, they have created a new leadership position for a sourcing expert with proven track record in driving success to join their Global Supply Chain Team.
Reporting to the Global Supply Chain Officer and leading a sizable team globally, you will manage a matrix organization of sourcing by product category and regions, supporting a vast portfolio of brands. You will:
- develop and implement effective sourcing processes and strategy, while building & managing a global sourcing team
- work closely with Quality, Product Development, Design and R&D team to develop high quality innovative products & solutions at the most efficient cost
- review and evaluate vendor performance, implement effective vendor strategy & programs
- review sourcing and vendor base, and proactively explore potential new vendors & regions to drive competitive pricing while ensuring quality level and lead time
- direct, develop, coach & elevate the team to achieve consistent high performance
- interact with the global leadership team, and externally with key strategic vendors and customers
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate should be a change agent and a transformational leader, with proven track record of delivering successes. You will possess a minimum of 15 years' experience in strategic sourcing and product development, preferably in the consumer, electronics or technology industry. You will have extensive global sourcing expertise and prior success in managing & developing regional or global sourcing team. You will be a strategic thinker who's willing to be hands-on when necessary to drive actions and results. You will also be a strong & influential leader with first class communication skills and demonstrated excellence in stakeholder management. You will possess strong command of English and ideally with Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin).
What's on Offer
A newly created leadership position where you can implement new ideas, drive changes and make a positive impact to the organization to drive success.