VP of Infrastructure
Global organisation undertaking huge technology transformation agenda
Innovative and people orientated business with vision, investment and purpose
About Our Client
We are partnering with a global organisation that operates in 30+ countries with over 100's of sites and worldwide e-commerce and digital platforms. As the consumer world evolves, they are on track with their transformation to become more affordable, accessible, and sustainable, ready to meet customer needs in more channels in more ways.
They have taken big steps towards new omnichannel capabilities and are continuing to push forward to take this to the next level for their customers and employees and accelerate expansion into new regions.
They are a highly collaborative and people-orientated business that provides a rewarding and stimulating working environment with real career development opportunities.
- Responsible for setting and driving execution of the strategic agenda for Technology Services within Digital Technology
- Lead a total team of over a 1,000 and a €Multi-million budget
- Collaborate with Engineering Managers in the Digital Technology organization to define and execute a strategy and roadmap of change that both drives business performance and technical progression in terms of modern technology practices, security and architecture
- Proactively enable the transformation of engineering, building an industry leading capability comprising of internal and external colleague and 3rd party vendors
- Lead a senior leadership team that oversees the people, processes and technologies within the Technology Services organization to ensure they deliver outcomes that support the goals of the business
- Accountable for the operational activities and daily running of all the infrastructure technology stack, services and environments, ensuring that they meet the defined Service Level Agreements
- Represent the business externally and act as a key internal leader in driving the Digital Agenda
- Maximize the use and profit potential of business-owned data centres
- Enable the engineering agenda of best practices and continuous delivery/ integration benchmarking against industry peers
- Lead and own initiatives/movements in creating a modern digital foundation to support speed, growth and flexibility
- Identify cross-functional dependencies beyond their area and remove blockers when needed across engineering, design, and product management
The Successful Applicant
The successful VP of Infrastructure is passionate about delivering high-quality technology services now and for the future. You will be an excellent people leader with a high level of transformation experience that has been delivered through people, technology, and processes.
You will be enthused by joining a global organisation that is highly collaborative, has an international outlook with high values around people, customers, sustainable commercial growth, environment, and society.
You will have a successful track record of leading and motivating a large technology-focused organisation with an excellent understanding of software engineering principles and the application of this within a retailer or aligned environment. You will have proven knowledge of and ability to transform and optimise a globally distributed Service Desk function and how to commercially leverage private, hybrid, and public cloud/service delivery.
Your leadership style will be collaborative, inspire, unleash entrepreneurial spirit, building strong relationships at the team, peer, and c-suite level to lead effective transformation.
Your previous experience and skills will also include:
- Experience in running large multi-disciplined technology/engineering teams, including leading teams across multiple locations
- Driven significant technology transformational change in large, fast-moving organisations
- A high performing track record of progressive and diverse experience as a software engineer and/or software architecture
- Strong documented leadership skills
- Proven knowledge and ability to transform and optimise processes and behaviours
- Experience working with DevOps concepts, tools, and ways of working as a part of agile software development
- Experience in decommissioning large infrastructure components on which many systems are dependent
What's on Offer
Competitive basic and package and comprehensive relocation package to Sweden.