VP, Investment Writer
Lead China content writing to suppor the fund business development
A great culture and team to work with across regions.
About Our Client
Our client is a famous global fund manager with great culture for employees, platform for personal career development, as well as outstanding investment product offerings to clients.
- Develop and create thought leadership to support a broad range of asset classes and products, taking content from initial idea to final deliverable.
- Work with Portfolio Managers, Investment Strategies, Product Managers, analysts, and risk/performance teams to turn raw research, insights and data into compelling and high impact thought leadership.
- Collaborate with Channel Marketing and Business Development colleagues to align topics with thematic campaigns that promote focus products, platforms and brands.
- Be a trusted advisor and creative voice to business leaders, investment professionals and marketing to shape communications in a clear and concise way, building trust in the group.
- Assist in the process of our regulatory reporting communication in the form of report & accounts, including writing and editing manager commentaries.
- Ensure investment and strategy knowledge is current by attending relevant internal investment team meetings and keeping up to speed with industry news.
- Being proactive in identifying current news stories or issues that could form the basis of updates for clients.
- Ongoing monitoring of client group and client text requirements and associated deadlines to ensure expectations are managed and achieved.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of 5-7 years of intensive financial writing experience in both English and Simplified Chinese (corporate or media background preferred);
- Deep macroeconomic, investment and capital markets knowledge to provide a framework for developing and refining topics;
- Experience working across diverse formats: multimedia/video, web, blogs, social media, one-on-one presentations, white papers and annotated charts;
- Ability to adjust tone and message to audiences across the spectrum of financial sophistication, from institutions and financial advisers to plan sponsors and individuals.
- Excellent organisational and project-management skills, including the ability to coordinate with subject-matter experts, production, design, video teams, editors and proofreaders;
- Ability to judge the quality of draft commentaries, do factual checks and fill in any content gaps.
- Ability to work with a number of different senior stakeholders across the business.
- Ability to support both English and Simplified Chinese would be ideal.
- Passionate about communicating in an approachable, plain English tone and committed to improving every piece of content touched.
- Able to use capital markets and investing knowledge to engage with investment experts, understand their story and tell it in a compelling and interesting way.
- Skilled at connecting related pieces of information and explaining data exhibits to create a strong narrative and point of view.
- Open to other viewpoints, collaborative, and versatile enough to work with different types of people and personalities.
- Relentless in executing projects within a deadline and multi-tasking several assignments at once, including when faced with complexity and/or adversity.
What's on Offer
Our client is willing to offer competitive package with great culture and platform for personal career development.