VP, Legal Counsel - Investment Banking - Mandarin Speaking
$150,000 - $200,000
Global Investment Bank seeks VP, Counsel to join legal team
Role will focus on supporting Capital Markets and Investment Banking/Securities
About Our Client
Global Investment Bank.
- Support the Capital Markets and Investment Management business units on a wide range of legal matters
- Must have experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial banking contracts
- Providing legal support to management and business units regarding applicable laws and regulations and participate in new business process with the business and risk areas.
- Developing and maintaining a strong awareness in legal within the organization by updating line managers and employees on legal related matters.
- Monitoring business activities and implementing specific measurements as necessary.
- Handling multiple projects simultaneously with careful legal analysis and attention to detail and within deadlines
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing of all day-to-day contracts in global environment and ensure compliance with the relevant authorities
- Exercising sound business and legal judgment and demonstrate the highest degree of professionalism in dealing with clients and colleagues
The Successful Applicant
- JD from a US Law School
- Professional working fluency (written and verbal) in Mandarin
- Admitted to NY State Bar
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant in-house or law firm experience in the financial services or securities industry in the United States, with strong Capital Markets and/or Investment Management legal background
- Experience handling a wide range of legal matters, supporting an investment management/capital markets team
- Understanding of securities law and regulatory issues
- Team player
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Additional benefits