- Save Job
- Email job
- Global organisation with high levels of investment in technology and people
- New global position to set and deliver business critical technology
About Our Client
A vision and values-led global retailer providing affordable solutions to customers across the world. A people-orientated business that believes in investing in its future to make a positive impact on its customers and society generally to create a positive change.
They are a diverse and inclusive business and believe everyone has something to offer. They are grounded, straightforward people with a passion for people, customers and the retail sector. They hire people from around the world with a vision to inspire and enable people. Together they build a diverse, inclusive, open and honest work environment and are always seeking people who can share their positive attitude and values.
You will need to be an enterprising thinker with excellent experience in delivering Technology transformations in large organisations. It will require forging a new path, navigating and influencing key stakeholders to constructively question current practices, and accepted ways of doing things. At the same time, you will have significant business, operational, and technology experience to support the transformation undertaking of the organisation which supports all the logistics, warehousing and fulfilment operations across the organisation.
You, together with your team will be responsible for:
Planning & Execution
- Define the creation and execution of the technology and software solutions roadmap for all platforms and services within the logistics and fulfilment domain
- Capabilities for Global Business Operations
- Plan and lead the identification and assessment of new and emerging technologies and the evaluation of the potential impacts, threats and opportunities
- Influence and ensure the buy-in of cross-functional business/product teams and other key stakeholders to secure successful program and project implementations
- Business Partnering with internal & external stakeholders
- Manage the provision of consultancy services, and/or management of a team of consultants
- Establish agreements/contracts and manage completion and disengagement and relationship with the key supplier partners and license providers for the domain
- Lead by example, coach and develop co-workers to promote growth and secure a high-performing team
- Help shape and transform the Digital Technology organisation by keeping every one highly engaged, connected, informed and with a growth mindset
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the knowledge and experience of how to lead and motivate a large technology team. They will be motivated by the delivery of high-quality technology and software, be passionate about technology and innovation, and enjoy working independently and as part of large cross-functional teams.
They will come with the experience of assessing technology applications, cost drivers, and the delivery and commercial consequences of executing them in large organisations. They will have the understanding and current practices to test and continuously deliver and integrate new systems.
They will naturally share and be aligned with the values of the organisation and be willing to relocate to Europe.
What's on Offer
A competitive basic, plus bonus and benefits.
There is an appropriate level of support for relocation both financially and operationally for moving personal belongings, finding schools, suitable housing and any visa requirements.
- Digital Subsector
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Mark Lawson-Jones
- Job reference