VP of Operations
Vice President of Operations
VP of operations
About Our Client
This company has an established a legacy as an American knife maker of high quality, extremely collectible handmade knives.
Works closely with all supporting department managers, and is responsible for formulating policies, continuously improving processes and procedures, managing daily operations, and assuring product quality. Gives a variety of responsibilities and accountabilities to a number of Directors and Managers to assure production assurance, cost control and timely production schedules. Empowers reporting managers to effectively supervise and train production employees, to direct production activities, to maintain proper manpower schedules, to monitor and improve upon production techniques/processes, to assure product quality and enhance employee performance. Partners with senior management of the Company in strategic planning for long range manufacturing operations goals and objectives. Requires a positive interaction with the Sales and Marketing teams to assure that product production and development meets market and consumer expectations and needs. Reports to CEO.
- Plans, coordinates, manages and oversees the daily manufacturing operation of the Company through reporting managers, supervisors and team leaders.
- Champions continuous improvement efforts and safety initiatives through reporting managers and supervisors
and directed to all employees in Operations.
- Develops project schedules that are compatible with customer needs and internal manufacturing capabilities.
- Works with other department managers on ongoing design/engineering and product development projects.
- Defines responsibilities and communicates expectations to direct reporting managers.
- Coordinates all work schedules and approves production schedules and planning, expediting rush orders, directing shipping changes and assuring the quality of the product meets or exceeds the Company and the customers' standards.
- Partners with other senior management to establish and implement short and long term goals, objectives and plans.
- Supports and leads new manufacturing process improvements.
- Provides insight in determining proper staffing requirements; may be involved in the new employee selection process.
- Through appropriate managers, monitors vendors to ensure they are efficiently and effectively providing needed materials and services while staying within budgetary limits; effectively communicates with vendors and suppliers.
- Is responsible, through the Director of Materials Management, for the movement of materials into and out of the production facility.
- Follows company-directed financial and budgetary activities to fund operations, maximize profits and increase efficiencies.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust between all areas of manufacturing, developing constructive and cooperative work relationships.
- Identifies, through the reporting managers, the educational and training needs of all production employees.
- Performs day-to-day administrative tasks critical to a smooth running operation.
- Through a profile of reporting, reviews all operating results and how they impact the profitability of the production operation and makes corrections/adjustments based on any unsatisfactory/non-performing results.
The Successful Applicant
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Leadership, problem solver, change agent, interaction with executive management team at corporate
- Teamwork Skills: Coordination, communication and customer service skills.
- Product Knowledge: Knowledge of Case type products (cutlery and accessories) and services is a plus.
- Ability to analyze statistics and other data and to interpret and evaluate results, and create reports and/or presentations.
- Interpersonal Skills: Exhibits care and concern for employee issues, maintains confidentiality, exhibits tact and diplomacy, understands and practices ethical behavior, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently for self and direct reports.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations from one-on-one, to small groups and to large groups.
- Written Communication: Reviews and edits work for clarity and accuracy, presents numerical data effectively and is able to assess written information.
- Quality Assurance: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work and that of others to ensure quality. Has in-depth knowledge of general quality requirements, procedures and technology.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability: Is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Accuracy: Responsible for collecting and disseminating product, warranty, usage information internally and for the marketplace. Attention to detail is a must.
- Leadership: Leadership of department and staff producing bottom line benefits to the employees, department, and company.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment, decision-making, delegation, negotiation, and safeguarding confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with effective interaction with all employee levels, clients, vendors and senior management.
- Can easily adapt to changing work and project situations.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise effectively.
- Proficient in computer and organizational skills, attention to detail, time management, ability to multi-task and analyze.
- Has working knowledge of strategic planning.
- Bachelors' Degree in Business, Organizational Management, or a technical field such as engineering.
- Master's Degree in management preferred.
- Ten years plus experience in a manufacturing management position with at least 3 years in a senior position.
- Demonstrated Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) required. Knowledge of AX operating system a plus.
What's on Offer
Excellent compensation and bonus package'
401K match plus enhancement
Country club membership
Bradford club membership