VP Science and Research - Ophthalmology Biopharma
Pan-ocular biopharmaceutical company
Head of Research and Scientific Development
About Our Client
Our client is Round B bio-pharmaceutical company established by a group of ocular disease veterans with global exposure. Currently they have successfully acquired regional right for several late stage assets for macular degeneration, uveitis, retinopathy etc. and looking to expand into gene therapy for ocular disease treatment.
Launched in early 2019 the company has 30 full-time employees with plan to double headcount in 2021 and reach 10 asset pipeline by the end of next year. They are aiming to achieve commercial launch for their first product in 2022 and in parallel to start building their own R&D capability particularly in the discovery and pre-clinical stages including gene therapy for ophthalmology.
As Head of Research and Scientific Development you will focus on:
- Play crucial role in company business development (in and out) strategy and prioritise portfolio assets based on scientific and business rationale
- Playing key role in set up of company planning by assisting company leadership to harmonise the science with the business strategy
- Formulate and execute short-term and long-term R&D Capability Strategy
- Work closely with Medical and Clinical department to support drug candidates to move to clinical stage from research
- Closely interact with internal and external stakeholders and translate the company science into understandable concepts for investors, board of directors, KOLs, clinical and research partners
The Successful Applicant
This is role is created for a passionate ocular disease scientific professional willing to switch to the industry with the following background:
- PhD Level Degree with focus on Ophthalmology, Neurosciences, Bioengineering or similar
- Both academia and industry background specialists are welcome
- Strong research interest in Ocular Disease, Ophthalmology, Gene Therapy, Drug Discovery etc.
- Strong capability in Scientific and people leadership capacity
- Good presentation skills and quick learner to adapt to the fast growing biotech industry
- Fluent Mandarin and English skills
What's on Offer
Successful candidate will report directly to CEO and Founder of the company and launch his own team focusing on R&D and Science. You will be part of Senior Leadership team and contribute to long term company development.
The package will include base pay, bonus scheme, stock option plan and additional allowances.
For overseas candidates relocation and visa expenses will also be covered.