VP Supply Chain & Logistics
Senior leadership position in a leading Fortune 500 Company
Organizational and transformational challenge for an experienced leader
About Our Client
Our client is a global growing automotive supplier. For their further expansion plans in Switzerland, we are looking for a VP Supply Chain & Logistics.
- Managing overall logistics and supply chain planning performance across Europe and act as first point of contact for supply chain and logistics related questions for the European Executive Team
- Operating as a member of LKQ European Executive team to support the development of strategic plans, investment decisions and budgets
- Leading and actively developing the Logistics Area Leads and Logistics/Supply Chain Planning Directors and ensure effective collaboration between the European function, regional and market-level organizations
- Shaping and optimizing the integrated European distribution network in supply chain and logistics
- Ensure optimal supplier performance in terms of both availability and logistics costs
- Ensuring effective and cost-efficient supply chain and logistics operations and steer benefit realization including continuous improvement and best practice sharing
- Ensuring inventory is optimized and accurate across the network
- Assuring integrated processes of demand and supply planning and logistics execution (SI&OP)
- Shaping and optimizing the integrated European distribution network by managing trade-offs between service levels, costs, working capital and sustainability
- Assuring effective, cost-efficient, EHS compliant, safe and sustainable operations in supply chain and logistics and driving the sustainability agenda
- Overseeing consistent Europe-wide logistics KPIs and reporting structure, ensuring consistent reporting against KPIs
- Assuring and steering an integrated SI&OP process under close involvement of commercial, private label and procurement functions
- Ensuring safe operations and regulatory compliance across the distribution network including EHS, import, customs and government declarations
- Defining the supply chain and logistics operating model, incl. make-or-buy, partnerships and their management
- Oversee build-up of supplier collaboration platforms for joint planning
- Defining technology, innovation and automation road-map and decide on implementation
- Collecting Logistics IT requirements from Logistics Areas/Markets and prioritize for implementation.
The Successful Applicant
- 15+ years of relevant professional experience, leading regional or global supply chain and logistics operations, industrial or automotive sector experience preferred.
- Sound experience in leading change and making different entities/regions work together towards a common goal. Must have a talent for empowerment and collaborative approach.
- MSc/ MA in Business Administration or Engineering degree, preferably with focus on SC/Logistics
- Deep (functional) expertise in Supply Chain and/or Logistics Management
- Team leadership and senior management experience in an international context
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement/ Lean concepts
What's on Offer
The VP Supply chain will report to the CEO of Europe, and be leading a team of 7 direct reports (Logistics Head, Planning Head, and 5 Regional logistics leaders). The total size of the team is several thousands of FTEs.