VP of Technology
Competitive compensation and benefits package
To join an outstanding company
About Our Client
A leading cyber threat intelligence solutions provider
- Build strong productive relationships with the managers and staff within the Business and across Product Development and IT and with external partners in order to deliver effective solutions based on a deep understanding of the business drivers.
- Conduct Gate reviews to ensure that projects continually meet the needs of the commercial and operating requirements of the business.
- Identify and resolve business, Product Development and IT issues in order to ensure that projects can be delivered on time and within budget
- Demonstrate control through production and management of Project Plans, Risk and Issue Logs and Budget summaries.
- Work with internal IT staff to deliver dependencies outside of the project team including, application integration, infrastructure and security
- Management of suppliers to ensure delivery according to agreed objectives
- Stakeholder management to ensure business buy-in and support, that they are kept updated of the progress of the projects status
- Provide mentorship and support to junior members of the team
- Take charge of platform development, owning the engineering budget and making key decisions on technical architecture.
- Deliver MVPs (prototypes) when required, enabling the company to start serving early customers with new solutions.
- Rebuild the engineering function by hiring the right people and embedding a great working culture.
- Contribute to every part of development, from pro-actively improving documentation to the design and management of APIs
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors
- Nurture the personal growth of our existing team
- Define and implement company's build vs buy strategy for software development
The Successful Applicant
- Significant experience in managing diverse software development teams, IT, devops/ and hacking experts.
- Proven management experience of large technical teams (more than 15)
- Experience of working in a fast paced, commercial environment
- Proven experience of designing, developing and delivering robust technology solutions in accordance to business needs and requirements
- Management of on-site, off-site and remote based development teams
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience of SaaS, B2B solutions delivery
- Has previous experience building developer tools or products aimed at technical users;
- Has a high degree of user empathy and actively seeks to test, learn and iterate based on user feedback;
- Startup experience is a plus, as is experience working with distributed teams;
- Is well-connected to the developer community and able to attract the right engineering team.
- Strong customer understanding that blends technical skills across the stack with design / user thinking
- A pragmatist who can identify a solution to problem and likes to be challenged to find them
- Passionate about disruptive technologies and playing a pivotal role in shaping the future of cyberthreat intelligence
- Resilient and detailed-oriented without losing sight of the bigger picture
- Natural ability to juggle rapidly changing priorities, switch context between projects and bring ideas to life at lighting speed
- Having a strong network and are (or would like to be) an active participant in the tech community demonstrating thought leadership in your field
- Ability to work with third parties and build external business collaboration
- Excellent network and relationship builder, cross-functionally and at all levels within the organisation
- Ability to work in a matrix organisation and to influence key personnel that are not direct reports
- 7+ years of relevant experience in architecture design & development
- Minimum of 2-3 years in a Senior IT role
- Experience within startups, high-growth companies or IT consultancy extremely desirable
- Strong degree in Computer Science or other related technical discipline
- Broad understanding of the concept of minimum viable product, lean start-up and conversion rates
- Experience working in an Agile and Lean design and development
- Strong programming skills and a track record of making things happen
- Proven development of full stack applications, technical architecture design & development
- English language. Others are a plus.
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation and benefits package