Wealth and Investments Assocaite - Wellesley, MA
Ideal for JDs with a passion for investments and wealth management.
Working in a small counseling of 3 people, but part of a much larger firm.
About Our Client
My client is a highly reputable, boutique Wealth Management firm who provides financial planning strategies for both continued financial matters, and significant life events. They adopt a holistic approach to Wealth Management and are held accountable to high fiduciary standards. Most new business comes through personal referrals or recommendations from their existing client base.
There are around 20 counseling teams at the firm, each made up of three people: an Adviser, an Associate and an Executive Assistant. They have exclusively retained Tom Smith's team at Michael Page Boston, to secure their next Associate.
The team's service offering is broad and as a firm, they are around 80 strong. Services include investment management, significant life event planning, tax planning, in-house broker dealer, retirement and education fund planning, estate and trust services and family office services.
Reporting to one of the firms highly reputable Advisers, the Associate's main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Investment portfolio construction and management; long-term investment strategy
- Income tax planning, including federal and state tax return preparation and tax dispute resolution
- Tax compliance and preparation
- Public and private company stock, stock options, restricted stock units, and stock purchase plans
- Retirement and other forward-looking planning
- Estate plan architecture; gifting strategies; estate and gift taxes
This is a long term role, at the heart of a successful Wealth Management firm. The role has built in promotion prospects as you will eventually be groomed into a level where you can step up into an Advisory position, over the longer term.
This recruitment assignment has been retained exclusively by Michael Page. Submit your resume today and Tom Smith will review within 48 hours. If you are deemed suitable, you can expect a callback within 72 hours of submission.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree
- Progress or in possession of one of the following qualifications: law degree (JD, LLM); or advanced tax degree/designation (Master of Taxation, LLM, CPA, EA, CFP); CFA
- 1+ years of professional experience in finance, accounting, law, and/or taxation
- A strong work ethic, loyalty, discretion and the highest ethical standards.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills: the successful candidate eventually will work with clients, give group presentations, and participate in new business development
- Works effectively in a team environment
- Detail oriented and possessing strong organizational ability
- Extensive Microsoft Office experience and good overall computer skills
- Ability to work in the Wellesley, MA location.
Desirable (but not essential) skills and experience:
- Knowledge and experience with individual income tax issues & return preparation
- Experience serving executive/professional clients and exercising a high level of discretion
- Completed continuing finance education and licensing requirements (Series 7 & 66; Certified Financial Planner designation)
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- LTIP (long term incentive program)
- Profit sharing program
- 8:30am to 5:00pm working hours
- Competitive paid time off (17 days a year)
- Additional 0.5 day of PTO every other week in the Summer
- Competitive benefits package
- Wellesley, MA working location
- Close-knit, highly competent, collaborative, team environment with incredibly low staff turnover and high staff retention